Inviting other members to your project
On this page, you will learn:
1. How to share your project with other members
2. How to grant specific permission to each user
Collaboration is key to building amazing apps, and Nowa makes it easy to share your projects with team members while granting specific permissions for each one. Let's see how it's done:
This feature is available only on the Team Plan.
With Nowa, you can share your workspaces with your team members, giving each one specific permission. When inviting team members, you have three options for the permissions:
- Owner: They are the owner of the project and have full access to every feature and setting.
- Editor: They can build and edit any part of the project, such as editing designs, adding logic, and adding data sources. However, they do not have access to sensitive parts, such as some app settings like the project name. They cannot delete projects or invite or remove other members from the project.
- View only: They can view the entire project without being able to make any edits. They also do not have access to app settings.
To add members to your workspace follow the following steps:
- Select the Workspace to which you want to add members. This can be done from the dashboard or the workspace list.
- Once you have selected the appropriate workspace, locate and click on the "Add Member" button (1).
- A pop-up window will appear, prompting you to provide the email address and role of the person you wish to invite. Enter the email address of the individual you want to invite to the workspace. Additionally, assign them a Role.
- Send the Invitation: After entering the necessary information, click on the "Send invite" button to send the invitation. An email will be generated and sent to the invited person, containing a unique link.
- Upon receiving the email invitation, the individual can click on the provided link to accept the invitation and gain access to the workspace.
Modify or remove members
To modify the role of a member or remove them from the workspace, locate their name within the member list. Next to their name, you will find a role badge (2). By clicking on the role badge, you can select a different role from the available options or choose to remove the member entirely from the workspace.
Currently, we do not recommend that you and other members in your project work on the same file in the project at the same time, as this might cause some issues. Instead, you can work on different files simultaneously or on the same file but at different times.
This is just temporary until we release our "Live Collaboration" feature, which will allow you all to work on the same file simultaneously while viewing each other's actions. Stay tuned for this exciting update!
With Nowa's project-sharing capabilities, you can efficiently collaborate with your team, making it easier to build world-class apps. Happy building!